Primary Care Workload Tool
The Primary Care Workload Tool is now functional on all GP clinical systems. Its purpose is to allow practices to see how their appointments are being utilised. This is aimed at both practice core hours provision and the extended access provision. The tool will provide:
- Appointment utilisation
- Patient demographics
- Multiple appointments/DNAs/cancellations
- Modes of access
- Wait times
- Next available appointment
The user guides are attached, but the CCG will provide support to practices in using the tool.
Further information will be updated by NHS Digital at https://hscic.kahootz.com/connect.ti/GPFW/view?objectId=381203, and there is also a feedback form where practices can tell the national team whether this is useful and how it might be developed further.
NHS Digital, working with Sustainable Improvement (SI) has been planning a training programme to support practices in getting the most benefit from the dashboard. The training package will consist of two phases:
- Capacity and demand training slides produced by SI will be made available on the Kahootz platform alongside the user guides, by end of February 2019;
- NHS Digital will monitor the feedback received via Kahootz, so that they can continue to adapt training and user guides accordingly;
- During the remaining part of this year and next, SI will signpost the dashboard during their current training programmes;
- Feedback will be reviewed to assess the level of face to face training required for those practices identified on the Sustainability and Resilience Index;
- Online training and user guides for each dashboard will be updated, based on user feedback with continued monitoring of feedback going forward.